Do you think there is a chance you could be pregnant?
- The Women’s Center has free pregnancy tests that you can request on their website.
- The University Health Center has pregnancy testing and referrals.
- The University Health Center Pharmacy has pregnancy tests for purchase.
- Planned Parenthood offers free pregnancy tests at their Lincoln South Health Center.
Have you had a positive pregnancy test?
If you have a positive test, make an appointment with the University Health Center. Partners are welcome to attend the visit with you. During your appointment, UHC providers will discuss options so you can make an informed decision for your needs and personal beliefs. UHC providers are there to support you and no attempt will be made to influence your decision, whether you choose to parent, pursue adoption or to end the pregnancy. UHC providers can counsel and refer you to local and other resources depending on the outcome that you feel is best. All services and referrals are confidential.Sexual and Reproductive Health Services
The All-Options Talkline provides information about pregnancy options, counseling, and support before, during and after pregnancy, parenting, abortion, adoption, pregnancy loss, infertility, and every experience in between. All-Options advocates provide everyone with compassionate listening, resources, and references. You can call them toll-free at 1-888-493-0092.All Options Talkline
UNL Counseling and Psychological Services – You can make an appointment at CAPS for urgent concerns or in the future if you wish to talk with a counselor. Most counseling services are covered by student fees.CAPS
Important Information and Resources
While this can be a stressful time, please know that the university has resources for you.
- University Health Center - 402.472.5000 – For doctor’s appointments and confirmation of pregnancy.
- Student Advocacy and Support – 402.472.3755 – For help and support in navigating communication with professors, university resources, and medical withdrawal.
- Student Legal Services – 402.472.3350 - For free legal advice and referrals for all UNL students.
- UNL Women’s Center – 402.472.2597 – For access to free pregnancy tests and resources for parenting students of any gender.
- Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education - 402.472.3553 – For access to confidential advocates for UNL Students.
- Services for Students with Disabilities – 402.472.3787 – For help with accommodation during pregnancy and/or childbirth.
- Institutional Equity and Compliance – Title IX Coordinator - 402.472.3417 – To report concerns about discrimination in university programs based on your gender, status as a pregnant person, or other protected status.
- Husker Pantry - 402.472.8975 – For any grocery or toiletry needs at no cost on both East and City Campuses.